Chinese Almond Cookies
|Soft shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
3) Mix well and roll out 3/8-inch thick.
4) Cut with cookie cutter.
5) Place the cookies on a buttered sheet. Put half of an almond on each cookie.
6) Place inside oven to bake about 18 minutes.
7) Allow to cool inside oven.
8) Serve the cookies with your choice of beverage.