Chicken Mandarin Salad
|Cubed cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mandarin oranges||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange yogurt||6 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Cashews||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), split|
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse thoroughly to cool.
2. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
3. In large bowl, combine pasta with chicken, oranges, celery and yogurt.
4. Cover and chill I the refrigerator until ready to serve.
5. Just before serving, add cashews.
6. Arrange the salad into individual serving plates and divide the pasta equally among each serving.
7. This makes an excellent appetizer.
To cook macaroni properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the macaroni to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent macaroni from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.4 mg20.5%
Sodium 132.9 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 33 g65.8%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet