Chicken Chow Mein
|Cooked chicken||6 Ounce, shredded|
|Celery heads||2 , cut in chunks|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned bean sprouts||19 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned mushrooms||5 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 4 Or 5 Ounces)|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 , sliced|
|Chinese cabbage head||1 , sliced|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
1) In a saucepan, mix together celery and chicken bouillon.
2) Cover and simmer the celery mixture until celery is tender and crisp.
3) Mix in the bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, water chestnuts and cabbage into the celery mixture and heat.
4) Add salt and garlic powder.
5) Pour off the liquid and add chicken to celery mixture.
6) Heat the celery mixture until heated through.
7) Serve hot with Chinese hot mustard or soy sauce or with both.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 828 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 139.9 mg46.6%
Sodium 1512.9 mg63%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.7%
Sugars 38.6 g
Protein 80 g159.1%
Vitamin A 765.4% Vitamin C 757.5%
Calcium 101.9% Iron 85.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet