Sweet And Sour Cook-in Sauce
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Canned tomatoes||6 Ounce (1 Small Can / 170 Grams)|
|Malt vinegar||1 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
|Canned pineapple slices||8 Ounce (1 Small Can / 234 Grams)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (1 Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Sugar||45 Milliliter (2 Leveled Tablespoon)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon (1 Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Soy sauce/Worcestershire sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chicken stock cube||1|
|Boiling water||3 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
|Cornflour||30 Milliliter (2 Level Tablespoon)|
1) Peel off the onions and garlic. Chop in fine slices.
2) Wash and slice the pepper after removing the core. Keep aside.
3) In a bowl, dissolve the Chicken extract cube in little water.
4) In another bowl, dissolve cornflour in little water and place aside.
5) In a pan, heat up oil and sautÃ© the onions and garlic, until golden brown.
6) Add tomatoes, vinegar, syrup from the can of pineapple, salt, a good shake of pepper, mustard, soy or Worcestershire sauce and the Chicken extract cube mixture.
7) Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 1 hour over reduced heat.
8) Add the cornflour liquid.
9) Meanwhile, in a saucepan, place the pepper and pour in sufficient water to cover.
10) Place over heat to bring a boil, drain and add the pepper to the sauce.
11) To use the sauce, dilute it with half as much water, place in a casserole or saucepan with uncooked meat or poultry. Cook until the meat or poultry is ready.