|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger root||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned shrimp||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, deveined, and chopped (1 can)|
|Wonton skins/Egg roll skins -10 numbers, cut into quarters||40|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chinese cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely shredded|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Frozen pea pods||6 Ounce, thawed and halved lengthwise (1 package)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Green onions||4 , sliced into 1 1/2 -inch lengths|
1. For the filling, in a mixing bowl combine together egg, onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, gingerroot, sugar, salt, and pepper.
2. Add ground pork and chopped shrimp and mix well.
3. Position wonton skin with one point.
4. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into the skin.
5. Fold bottom point of wonton skin over the filling; tuck point under filling.
6. Roll up skin and filling, leaving about 1 inch at the top of the skin.
7. Moisten the right-hand and grasp the two lower corners of triangle; bring these corners closer.
8. Overlap the left-hand corner over the right-hand corner; press to seal
9. Use about 20 of them for soup; wrap, label, and freeze remaining 20 filled wontons.
10. In a large saucepan bring 8 cups water to boiling.
11. Drop the wontons, one at a time, into boiling water.
12. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes.
13. Remove from heat and rinse with cold water; drain well.
14. In same large saucepan bring chicken broth to boiling.
15. Add Chinese cabbage, mushrooms, pea pods, bamboo shoots, and the precooked wontons and simmer, uncovered for another 5 minutes.
16. Stir in green onion.
17. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
18. Serve immediately.
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.5 mg33.8%
Sodium 1804.7 mg75.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 31 g62.4%
Vitamin A 36.1% Vitamin C 68.9%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet