Chinese Squash Soup
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled, chopped|
|Apple||1 , peeled, chopped|
|Chopped carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese squash||1 , peeled, chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Diced cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan cook chopped onion and curry powder in hot oil till onion is tender and translucent but not brown.
2. Combine the flour, chicken broth, chopped tomatoes, apple, carrot, green pepper, parsley, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper to the saucepan; stir to mix well.
3. Boil the mixture, stirring occasionally to avoid forming lumps and mix well.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Stir in Chinese squash and cooked chicken; simmer for another 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
6. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and serve hot with garlic bread.
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.8 mg8.3%
Sodium 773.7 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 81.1% Vitamin C 73.9%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet