Madeira Enhanced Sweet And Sour Sauce
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch/2 tablespoons arrowroot||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped preserved ginger||1 Teaspoon (Or Gingerroot)|
1) In a saucepan, heat butter, vinegar and water.
2) In a cup, blend together soy sauce, sugar and arrowroot.
3) Gradually stir soy mixture into vinegar mixture.
4) Simmer, stirring constantly for 5 minutes on until smooth and thickened.
5) Stir in Madeira and gingerroot and cook until sauce becomes transparent.
6) Serve as desired.