Baked Vegetable Wontons
|Soy and ginger dipping sauce|
|Purified water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried mango||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tamari||1 Tablespoon (Natural Soy Sauce)|
|Mirin||2 Tablespoon (Sweet Rice Wine)|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable wonton filling|
|Grated carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms/Oyster / button mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded napa cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use About 1/4 Head)|
|Toasted sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Scallions)|
|Freshly grated ginger||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mirin||1 Tablespoon (Sweet Rice Wine)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Wonton wrappers||30 Small, uncooked (Use 1 Package)|
|Toasted sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Brushing)|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) To prepare Soy and Ginger Dipping Sauce, in a saucepan boil water. Add dried mango to it.
3) Let stand for about 30 minutes.
4) In a small bowl strain the water. Keep 1/2 cup of the fruit-flavored water aside to prepare the sauce.
5) Stir in soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, ginger, and chili paste to it.
6) To prepare the filling, a large saute pan saute carrot, mushrooms, and cabbage in sesame oil for about 5 minutes.
7) Mix scallions or green onions and ginger.
8) Sprinkle curry powder over the vegetables. Add mirin and soy sauce to it.
9) Take off from heat.
10) On a clean surface arrange 12 wonton sheets.
11) Dip pastry brush in sesame oil and lightly brush all along the edges of the sheet.
12) Drop 1 tablespoon of the vegetable mixture at the center of the diagonal fold.
13) Fold the sheet at an angle to close the wonton.
14) Keeping the filling at the center, fold 1 corner of the sheet over opposite corner.
15) With a fork gently press 2 sides of the wonton to seal it.
16) Fold the 2 pointed edges poking out from the folded side of the triangle.
17) Brush sesame oil on the top of it.
18) Make wonton with the remaining wonton sheets in the same process.
19) Lightly grease baking sheet with olive or grapeseed oil. Arrange stuffed wontons on it.
20) Brush wantons tops with the remaining sesame oil.
21) Bake for 6 minutes and turn them over. Bake for another 6 minutes.
22) Pour the dipping sauce in a bowl.
23) Serve sauce in the middle with wontons arranged around it.
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.9 mg1%
Sodium 386.6 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet