Puffy Shrimp Toasts
|Shrimp||5 Ounce, shelled and deveined, lightly chopped|
|Chopped scallion||2 Tablespoon|
|Teriyaki sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chinese sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated pared ginger root||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White bread slice||2 Ounce, lightly toasted and each cut into 4 triangles (2 slices of 1 ounce each)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In the work bowl of a food processor, process the shrimp using on-off motion till the meat is minced. Ensure that there is no over-processing.
3) To a small mixing bowl, transfer the minced shrimp and add the teriyaki sauce, scallion, sherry, oils and gingerroot. Mix well.
4) Set the mixture aside.
5) With an electric mixer set on high speed, beat the egg whites in a different mixing bowl. Beat till the whites are stiff but not dry.
6) Spread about 1/8th of the shrimp mixture on each bread triangle.
7) Over the shrimp mixture on each bread triangle, spread 1/8th of the beaten egg white. Ensure that the entire shrimp mixture is covered.
8) On a non-stick baking sheet, arrange the bread triangles.
9) Bake in preheated oven till the shrimp mixture has cooked thoroughly and the topping is lightly browned. This usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes of baking.
10) Serve the Puffy Shrimp Toast while still hot. Makes a good and filling main dish and is a nutritious food.