Cantonese Fried Chicken
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound, disjointed (1 whole)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Fat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1) Completely disjoint the chicken and cut the breast into 4 pieces.
2) Wash and dry the chicken.
3) In a bowl, mi together the cognac, soy sauce, sugar and garlic.
4) Rub the chicken with the soy sauce mixture and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5) Roll the chicken in cornstarch and reserve the marinade.
6) In a wok heat the fat to 360°F and fry the chicken in it until golden brown.
7) Drain the chicken on paper napkins.
8) In a skillet bring the marinade to a boil
9) Place the chicken in the skillet.
10) Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
11) Serve hot with rice.