Braised Pork With Chinese Mustard Greens
|Pork belly/Rib, leg / shoulder||2 1⁄4 Pound (1 kilogram)|
|Canned chinese mustard greens||1 Pound, salted (1 can, 500 gram kiam chye)|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Ginger||1 Inch (1 small knob)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1) Use salt and water to wash the pork well,then scald with 1 kettle of boiling water.
2) Wash thoroughly the kiam chye using cold water 3 to 4 times, discarding away the water each time.
3) Coarsely cut the kiam chye.
4) Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
5) Pare garlic and ginger, bruise but leave them intact and do not chop.
6) Remove the seeds and thinly slice red chilli.
7) In the pot,arrange all ingredients and allow to boil, cook on simmering heat for 1 1/2 hours.
8) The dish can be served when the pork is completely cooked.
9) For this dish, slow simmering on the hob is better than cooking as a casserole dish as it thickens the gravy.
10) In case the dish becomes too dry, use a little hot water so as to adjust the consistency.
11) Sprinkle on top with red chilli and serve.
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.8 mg36.3%
Sodium 309.4 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 38 g75.5%
Vitamin A 189.7% Vitamin C 137.7%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet