Poached Chicken With Chinese Vinaigrette
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, peeled and minced|
|Green pepper||1 , julienned|
|Scallions||4 , julienned|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Green leaf lettuce head||1|
1. In a large pan, place the chicken, garlic and the ginger and cook the ingredients over medium heat.
2. Add cold water to cover the ingredients
3. Bring the water to simmering point and then cover and cook the chicken till the chicken is tender. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
4. Once the chicken is done, drain the chicken and set it in the refrigerator to chill
5. Shred the chicken and place the chicken in a large bowl.
6. Add the peppers, scallions, to the bowl and mix well.
7. In a small bowl, place the vinegar and the oil and whisk well to make a uniform dressing. Pour the dressing over the mixture in the bowl. Toss well to combined
8. Place individual lettuce leaves on serving plates and mound the chicken on top of the leaves. Roll up and eat.