|Fried bread||4 , in butter|
|Shredded gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C) or preheat a broiler.
2) In an ovenproof serving dish, arrange the slices of fried bread.
3) In a saucepan, melt the cheese with the wine and season with salt and cayenne.
4) Pour the cheese mixture over the fried bread.
5) In a pan, fry the eggs in heated butter and place each fried egg over a fried bread slice.
6) Place the dish in a preheated oven, or under a broiler for 2 minutes to glaze the eggs on top.
7) Serve the Eggs Clementine, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.6 mg86.2%
Sodium 214.7 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet