|Fried bread||4 , in butter|
|Shredded gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C) or preheat a broiler.
2) In an ovenproof serving dish, arrange the slices of fried bread.
3) In a saucepan, melt the cheese with the wine and season with salt and cayenne.
4) Pour the cheese mixture over the fried bread.
5) In a pan, fry the eggs in heated butter and place each fried egg over a fried bread slice.
6) Place the dish in a preheated oven, or under a broiler for 2 minutes to glaze the eggs on top.
7) Serve the Eggs Clementine, immediately on individual serving plates.