|Brown rice||1 Pound|
|Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onions||8 Ounce, sliced (225 Gram)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Small, seeded, thinly sliced|
|Red peppers||1 Small, seeded, thinly sliced|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, thinly sliced (225 Gram)|
|Bean shoots||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Peanuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash rice thoroughly, put into a large saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Add 2 teaspoons of the Marmite, blend in carefully, reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer without stirring for 40-45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt margarine in large saucepan, add onions and mixed herbs, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in peppers and saute for 5 minutes.
4. Pour in 300 ml/1/2 pint cold water, stir well, add carrots and dissolve remaining teaspoon Marmite in the water.
5. Cook for further 5 minutes, finally add bean shoots, stir gently from time to time and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Drain the rice well, return to pan and stir in the peanuts and chopped parsley. Arrange in the centre of a heated serving dish and arrange vegetables on each side.