Chicken Baked in Salt
|Roaster chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh tarragon sprig||1|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Coarse sea salt||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Wipe the chicken, put the tarragon inside and sprinkle inside and out with pepper.
3) Tie with string.
4) Line a casserole with a large sheet of foil and spread with one-third of the salt.
5) Place chicken breast bone down on salt.
6) Cover completely with remaining salt.
7) Fold the foil over the top of the chicken and join together at top to seal well.
8) Bake, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
9) Take the chicken out of the oven, unwrap and remove the crust of salt.
10) Brush off any salt that clings, then carve the chicken in the usual way.
11) Serve the chicken as appetizer.