Chinese Beef Rice Baby Meatballs
|Beef||1 Pound, chopped / ground (450 Grams)|
|Scallions||4 , white bottoms and green tops minced|
|Ginger root/1/2 teaspoon ground ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced fresh|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Water chestnuts||60 Gram, finely minced (1/4 Cup)|
|Dark soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice||225 Gram, soaked for 30 minutes in warm water (1 Cup)|
|Dry white wine||185 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed oil||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a mixing bowl, mix the scallions, ginger, eggs, water chestnuts, beef and 1 teaspoon sugar together.
2) Drizzle over and blend in the dark soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of the sherry, then shape the mixture into balls.
3) On a tray, evenly spread the rice and roll each ball into the rice until it is fully covered.
4) In a 6-quart pressure cooker with a base rack, pour in the wine and place the balls about 1/4 inch apart.
5) Place the lid, bring the pressure up to 15 pounds and cook for 6 minutes.
6) In a mixing bowl, blend the vinegar, Tabasco, garlic, light soy sauce, sesame seed oil, 1 tablespoon sherry and 1 teaspoon sugar together.
7) Turn off the heat, lower the pressure immediately, remove the balls and drizzle over the sauce.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.