Chinese Beef Rice Baby Meatballs
|Beef||1 Pound, chopped / ground (450 Grams)|
|Scallions||4 , white bottoms and green tops minced|
|Ginger root/1/2 teaspoon ground ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced fresh|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Water chestnuts||60 Gram, finely minced (1/4 Cup)|
|Dark soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice||225 Gram, soaked for 30 minutes in warm water (1 Cup)|
|Dry white wine||185 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed oil||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a mixing bowl, mix the scallions, ginger, eggs, water chestnuts, beef and 1 teaspoon sugar together.
2) Drizzle over and blend in the dark soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of the sherry, then shape the mixture into balls.
3) On a tray, evenly spread the rice and roll each ball into the rice until it is fully covered.
4) In a 6-quart pressure cooker with a base rack, pour in the wine and place the balls about 1/4 inch apart.
5) Place the lid, bring the pressure up to 15 pounds and cook for 6 minutes.
6) In a mixing bowl, blend the vinegar, Tabasco, garlic, light soy sauce, sesame seed oil, 1 tablespoon sherry and 1 teaspoon sugar together.
7) Turn off the heat, lower the pressure immediately, remove the balls and drizzle over the sauce.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 374 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.4 mg39.1%
Sodium 1014.8 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 21 g42.1%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet