Chinese Chicken Salad
|Canned no sugar added pineapple chunks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drain and reserve juice|
|Rice vinegar/Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Five spice powder||1 Dash|
|Chicken breasts||6 Ounce, skinned and boned cooked, cut into thin strips|
|Shredded lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Scallions)|
|Coarsely chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned sliced water chestnuts||1 1⁄2 Ounce, drained|
|Green onion||1 Medium, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 4 thin strips (Scallion)|
|Toasted sesame seed||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl add reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, oil, and five-spice powder. Mix thoroughly.
2) Mix chicken and toss to coat.
3) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4) Toss the mixture gently.
5) In a bowl mix lettuce, sliced scallions, and parsley.
6) Toss the mixture to combine.
7) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
8) Arrange serving platter with lettuce mixture.
9) Fill chicken mixture onto lettuce mixture.
10) Top with pineapple chunks, bell pepper, and water chestnuts.
11) Garnish with scallion strips and sprinkle sesame seed over it.