Taiwanese Rice With Pineapple
|Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine||3 Teaspoon|
|Oriental sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (Thin)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, shelled, deveined and cut crosswise into thirds|
|Ripe pineapple||1 Small|
|Chicken stock/Canned broth||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese pork sausages||4|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs) (Made With 2 1/2 Cups Short-Grain Rice And 2 1/4 Cups Plus 1 Tablespoon Cold Water)|
|Scallions||3 , thinly sliced|
1. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oyster sauce, 2 teaspoons of the wine, 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil, the light soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the sugar, the cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and a pinch of pepper. Add the shrimp, toss to coat and set aside to marinate until ready to use.
2. Quarter and core the pineapple. Using a grapefruit knife, cut enough of the fruit into 1/3-inch pieces to make 1 cup, drained; set aside. Reserve the remainder for another use.
3. In a small bowl, combine the chicken stock, soy sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon wine, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and a pinch of pepper. Mix well and set the sauce aside.
4. Rinse the sausages and pat dry. Slice on the diagonal 1/4 inch thick. Heat a wok over high heat for 30 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil, swirl it around with a metal spatula and heat until a wisp of white smoke appears, about 1 minute. Add the sausages and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausages to a plate and set aside.
5. Reheat the wok over high heat for 20 seconds. Stir in the ginger, then stir in the garlic and cook until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and its marinade, spreading the shrimp in a single layer. Cook for 10 seconds, then flip the shrimp and cook until pink, another 10 seconds. Add the Basic Cooked Rice and mix well until very hot, about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the reserved pineapple pieces; if the rice sticks to the wok, add the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil and mix well. Add the sausages and stir well. Stir the reserved sauce, then drizzle it over the rice, stirring with a wooden spoon. Toss thoroughly to coat all the rice. Add the scallions and mix well.