|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherry juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Preserved ginger syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey plus powdered ginger||100 Gram, powdered|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Lamb riblets||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Red maraschino cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 40)|
|Preserved kumquats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lychee nuts||1 Pound (Drained)|
|Pineapple chunks||13 1⁄2 Ounce (Drained)|
|Preserved ginger||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mandarin orange segments||11 Ounce (Drained)|
|Oranges||2 , cut into wedges|
1. In a large flat bowl, tip in the soy sauce, cherry juice, sherry, ginger root syrup, garlic and oil and mix well. Add the lamb riblets to the pan and let it marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Preheat the grill
3. Just before cooking, drain the riblets and place on skewers. Reserve the marinade
4. Broil 8 to 9 inches from source of heat, or cook on outdoor grill, 15 minutes on each side. Baste with marinade, if desired.
5. On skewers, thread alternate cherries, kumquats, lychee nuts, ginger root and mandarin oranges. Cook with lamb in the 5 minutes turning once.
6. Serve hot with fresh salad