Chinese Chicken Salad
|Fat||1 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
|Ginger root||1 Small|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Lettuce leaves||10 (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
|Chinese parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
|Celery salt||1 Dash (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon, toasted (Salad Oil - 1/2 Cup)|
1) Cut won ton wrappers into 1/4-inch strips.
2) In a skillet heat fat to 365°F.
3) Add won ton wrappers and fry until lightly browned.
4) Place on an absorbent paper.
5) Crush ginger and mix with soy sauce, garlic, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon heong liu fun.
6) Place the chicken in the sauce and marinate for 10 minutes, turning once.
7) Fry the chicken in salad oil.
8) Drain and cut into strips.
9) Mix remaining heong liu fun, fried won tou, and remaining ingredients.
10) This dish serves 6.