Cantonese Sweet And Sour Pork
|Pineapple chunks||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fructose||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger root||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork roast||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Green bell pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Water chestnuts||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Long rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked|
1) To a large saucepan, drain and pour the juice from the pineapple chunks. Keep aside the pineapple chunks to add later.
2) To this juice, add the cornstarch.
3) Stir well to dissolve the cornstarch completely.
4) To the dissolved cornstarch in the pan, add the cider vinegar, fructose and grated ginger root.
5) Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens.
6) Remove the pan from heat.
7) Now, add the cayenne pepper, lemon juice, pineapple and pork.
8) Mix thoroughly. Let stand for 1 hour.
9) After an hour, add the carrot, bell pepper, onion and water chestnuts.
10) Over medium heat, cook until the vegetables turn just crisp tender.
11) For each serving, top 1/2 cup cooked rice with 1 serving of this sauce.