Chinese Plum Sauce
|Purple plums||17 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pit the plums
2. Add the plums and syrup into a food processor jar.
3. Blend into a smooth puree.
4. In saucepan heat the oil.
5. Add the onion and sautÃ© on a low flame until tender and golden.
6. Tip in the plum puree and add molasses, sugar and soy sauce.
7. Cook on a gentle flame, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes until thick.
8. Cool before bottling and storing in the refrigerator.
9. Use the sauce to glaze Duck, chicken or turkey or even pork chops or serve as an accompaniment.