Chinese Stir Fried Vegetables with Cashews
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon, reduce when using regular soy sauce|
|Carrots||2 Large, pared|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, scrubbed|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, halved and seeded|
|Fresh root ginger||1 Inch (1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required, For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Attach slicing disc to the work bowl of a food processor and slice onion after cutting it in half to fit feed tube.
3) Remove onion and keep it aside.
4) Slice carrots after cutting them to fit feed tube vertically and keep aside.
5) Slice zucchini after cutting it to fit feed tube vertically and set aside.
6) Slice green pepper after stacking it into feed tube and keep aside.
7) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl and then cut ginger into small pieces.
8) Drop in pieces and process until finely minced with machine running.
9) Mix in garlic, pulse on/off until finely minced.
10) Take a measuring cup and mix together cornstarch, sherry and soy sauce in it and then keep aside.
11) In a baking pan, spread cashews and bake for 10-15 minutes in preheated oven until lightly browned and keep aside.
12) Take a large wok or skillet and heat a teaspoon or so of oil in it over medium-high heat.
13) SautÃ© onion, carrots, zucchini and green pepper until tender but crisp.
14) Remove each vegetable to a large mixing bowl as each one is cooked.
15) In the large wok, over medium-high heat, heat about 1 teaspoon of oil for 20 seconds.
16) SautÃ© ginger and garlic in it for 15-20 seconds.
17) Mix in vegetables and toss gently to mix.
18) Add in soy sauce mixture after giving it a quick stir.
19) Mix and then cook the mixture until liquid has thickened.
20) To a serving platter, remove the mixture and top with cashews and coriander.
21) Serve hot.
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 296.8 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 135% Vitamin C 80.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet