Chop Suey Loaf
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Juice Of 1 Orange With Water To Make 3/4 Cup Liquid)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mixed with water to make 3/4 cup liquid (Juice Extracted From 1 Orange)|
|Chopped raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Beat the shortening until creamy and fluffy.
3) Add the sugar and beat well to a creamy mixture.
4) Add the beaten egg and vanilla.
5) Combine together all the other dry ingredients.
6) Add alternately with liquid to the egg mixture.
7) Add fruit.
8) Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 1 1/4 hours.
9) Serve hot and crispy.