|Peanut oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), 1-inch diced (1/2 Cup Green Colored Ones And 1/2 Cup Red Colored Ones)|
|Leeks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Teaspoon, pared, minced|
|Chinese sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Large shrimp||10 Ounce, shelled and deveined, cut lengthwise into halves|
|Ready to serve canned chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 10 inch skillet or a wok, saute the bell peppers, leeks, garlic and ginger in the peanut oil for about 2 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender, remove and keep aside.
2) In the same skillet or wok, saute the shrimp in the sesame oil until the shrimp turns pink.
3) Return the sauteed vegetables into the skillet or wok and stir to mix.
4) In a small bowl, stir the broth, sherry, ketchup, cornstarch and sugar, together until cornstarch is dissolved.
5) Pour over the shrimp and vegetables, stir constantly, bring to a boil and
cook over a high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.