|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root slices||3 , pared|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed or minced (Large Cloves)|
|Mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||10 Ounce, dissolved in 1 1/2 cups hot water (2 Packets)|
|Bay scallops/Sea scallops, cut into 1-inch pieces||19 Ounce, cut into pieces|
|Spinach leaves/Swiss chard||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten in heatproof cup|
|Scallions||6 Medium, thinly sliced (Green Onions)|
1) In a 12 inch skillet or a wok, stir-fry the ginger and garlic in the oil, until lightly browned.
2) Stir in the mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Gradually stir in the dissolved broth mix and, stir frequently and bring to a boil.
4) Lower the heat, stir in the scallops and spinach or chard, cover and allow to steam for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) In a small bowl, mix the water, cornstarch and soy sauce, until the cornstarch is dissolved, stir into the scallop mixture.
6) Remove 1/2 cup broth from skillet or wok and stir into the beaten egg.
7) Gradually pour the egg mixture into the scallop mixture, stir constantly and cook until the mixture thickens.
8) Stir the scallions into the scallop mixture , mix well.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.2 mg41.4%
Sodium 704.9 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 37 g73.6%
Vitamin A 53% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet