Chinese Style Liver With Vegetables
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, seeded and cut in thin strips|
|Sliced onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), separated into rings|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Ginger root/Or dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated pared|
|Beef liver/Calf liver||4 Ounce, cut into 2 x 1/2-inch strips|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), hot|
1) In a 9 or 10 inch non-stick skillet sprayed with non stick cooking spray, stir fry the vegetables over a medium high heat until just tender.
2) Stir in the garlic and ginger, then move the vegetables to one side of the skillet.
3) Place the liver in the center of the skillet, stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until the liver is no longer red, .
4) Mix the liver and vegetables together, stir in the soy sauce and sherry, stir fry for another 1 minute until the liver is thoroughly cooked.
5) Season with pepper and serve immediately over hot rice.
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.41 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78 mg26%
Sodium 172 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 97.2% Vitamin C 28.1%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet