Chinese Broccoli And Beef Salad
|Fresh broccoli||4 Pound|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sweet red peppers||2 , cut in thin strips|
|Mushrooms||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|White vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Rare beef roast||2 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Beef roast||2 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Bamboo shoots||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) Take broccoli and cut off the florets.
2) Save the soft parts of stalks for later use.
3) Slice stalks into 3/8-in.-thick pieces.
4) Take a wok or large skillet and heat oil in it.
5) SautÃ© stalks in it for about 1 minute.
6) Stir in florets and sautÃ© them for 3 minutes until crisp-tender.
7) To a large bowl, transfer broccoli.
8) SautÃ© red pepper strips for 1-2 minutes and mix with broccoli.
9) Fry the mushrooms, stirring well, until crisp-tender and mix with broccoli.
10) Mix together vinegar, soy sauce, salt and red pepper.
11) Spoon this dressing over broccoli mixture, tossing it well.
12) Mix in beef, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, tossing well.
13) Chill the salad in refrigerator, covered, for 2-3 hours.
14) Serve cold.