Fava Bean and Jalapeno Wontons
|Very young fava beans||4 Pound, shelled (Use 2 Kilogram, Tender Ones)|
|Extra thick double cream||1 Tablespoon (Or Heavy Variety)|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Wonton wrappers||8 Ounce (1 Package, 250 Gram)|
|Jalapeno chilies||4 , seeded and thinly sliced|
|Canola oil/Sunflower / any light oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1.Take a saucepan and place the fava beans in them.
2. Add in some water, salt and cover.
3. Bring the mixture to boil and cook for about 5 minutes to tenderize the beans. Larger and mature beans may take longer.
4.Drain and wash the beans in cold water to arrest the cooking process.
5.Slit open the beans and remove the skin.
6. Into a food processor, transfer the peeled beans.
7. Add in the cream, pepper, mint and puree.
8.Place th wonton wrapper on a flat work surface.
9. Transfer some puree into the wonton wrapper.
10. Top with a slice of jalapeno.
11.Brush the edges of the wrapper with water to moisten it.
12. Fold the edges together and press to form a triangle.
13.Repeat making wontons to finish the puree.
14.Place filled wontons on aluminium foil. (Excess wonton wrappers can be be stored in refrigerator for upto 2 weeks)
15.Take a deep fat fryer pr a deep saucepan and pour in oil upto a depth of 4 inches or 10 cm.
16. Heat to 350 degress F or 180 degrees C. Can be checked with a thermometer.
17.Heat the oil and deep fry the wontons for 2 to 3 minutes until they are golden brown.
18.Using a slotted spoon or tongs drain on paper towels.
19.Take a serving platter and transfer wontons into it.
20. Serve hot or warm.
Transfer the wontons to a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
Calories 692 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.1 mg1.7%
Sodium 924.1 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 42 g84%
Vitamin A 35.9% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 53.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet