Pork Chow Mein
|Egg noodles||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Pork fillet||10 Ounce, cut into matchstick strips (300 Gram)|
|Corn flour||3 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Groundnut oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Bamboo shoots||4 Ounce, cut into matchstick strips (125 Gram)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , cut into matchstick strips|
|Spinach||4 Ounce, shredded (125 Gram)|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a shallow bowl, mix pork with 2 teaspoons of corn flour.
2. Add soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar and the remaining corn flour to the meat.
1. In a saucepan, boil water.
2. Add noodles and simmer for 5 minutes until it is just soft.
3. Drain water thoroughly and rinse with cold water.
4. In a wok, heat half of the groundnut oil.
5. Spread noodles in a large bowl.
6. Pour over the hot oil and toss to coat.
7. Put the noodles back into the wok, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
8. Transfer the stir fried noodles on a serving dish.
9. In the same wok, heat the remaining groundnut oil and stir-fry bamboo shoots, cucumber, spinach and pork for 3 minutes.
10. Add soy sauce mixture and stir until the liquids thicken.
11. Pour the stir fried vegetable mixture over the noodles.
12. Garnish with the sesame oil and then serve immediately.
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 95.3 mg31.8%
Sodium 980 mg40.8%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 32 g63.9%
Vitamin A 55.1% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet