Chop Chop Suey
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped (For The Cheese Sauce:)|
|Canned chop suey vegetables||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Beef/Veal / lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked diced (For The Cheese Sauce:)|
|Beef/Veal/lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked finely diced|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Raw rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked|
|Raw rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), hot cooked (2 Cups Raw)|
1. In large frying pan melt butter or margarine and saute onion over low heat for about 10 minutes such that the onion gets tender.
2. Draining the chop-suey vegetables, measure 3/4 cup liquid and add to the sauteed onion.
3. Stir in chop-suey vegetables, celery, salt and pepper, bring to boil, lower heat, simmer for 5 minutes; and add meat.
4. In a cup blend in cornstarch and sugar with water and soy sauce to make a smooth paste and stir into meat mixture.
5. With constant stirring heat, such that the mixture thickens and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Around edge of serving dish pile hot cooked rice in ring, spoon hot chop suey in center and if desired, garnish with pimiento strips.
Calories 2110 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.9%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.9 mg55%
Sodium 697.9 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 349 g116.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.2%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 82 g164.7%
Vitamin A 153.3% Vitamin C 46.8%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 51.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet