|White bread slice||12|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Trim crusts from bread and let slices dry out slightly.
2. Chop shrimp very, very fine put in blender, if desired, to chop fine.
3. In a medium bowl toss chopped shrimp with onion, salt, sugar, cornstarch and monosodium glutamate and mix well.
4. Stir in beaten egg and water chestnuts and mix well.
5. On bread spread mixture and cut each slice into quarters (squares or triangles).
6. In a large heavy skillet or saucepan, heat oil (about 1 inch deep) to 375F on deep-frying thermometer.
7. In hot oil drop bread pieces, several at a time, shrimp side down.
8. Fry until edges of bread begin to brown, turn on other side, fry until golden-brown and drain well on paper towels.
9. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm, as an hors d'oeuvre.