|White bread slice||12|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Trim crusts from bread and let slices dry out slightly.
2. Chop shrimp very, very fine put in blender, if desired, to chop fine.
3. In a medium bowl toss chopped shrimp with onion, salt, sugar, cornstarch and monosodium glutamate and mix well.
4. Stir in beaten egg and water chestnuts and mix well.
5. On bread spread mixture and cut each slice into quarters (squares or triangles).
6. In a large heavy skillet or saucepan, heat oil (about 1 inch deep) to 375F on deep-frying thermometer.
7. In hot oil drop bread pieces, several at a time, shrimp side down.
8. Fry until edges of bread begin to brown, turn on other side, fry until golden-brown and drain well on paper towels.
9. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm, as an hors d'oeuvre.
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.6%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.2 mg50.1%
Sodium 1125.4 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 19 g38.8%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet