Szechuan Shredded Beef
|Rump steak/Flash fry steak||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Szechuan peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Sherry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Groundnut oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||2 , thinly sliced, seeds discarded if liked|
|Canned whole baby sweetcorn/Fresh whole baby sweetcorn-8 oz||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 425 G)|
|Canned bean sprouts/6 ounce fresh bean sprouts||9 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 275 G)|
|Canned sliced bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 250 G)|
1) Freeze the steak inside frozen zone for about an hour, by wrapping with plastic wrap.
2) Bring out and slice across the grain into thin strips. If using rump steak, then discard the fat and sinew.
3) In a mortar and pestle, freshly crush the Szechuan peppercorns. Else, use the end of a straight wooden rolling pin to crush.
4) In a jug, add all the ingredients including the crushed pepper. Leaving the oil, chillies and vegetables.
5) Blanch the fresh baby sweet corn in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, if using.
6) In a wok, heat oil to hot over the medium heat.
7) Place the meat to stir-fry over high heat 2-3 minutes to brown evenly.
8) Fold in chillies and stir-fry for a few seconds.
9) Fold in all the vegetables and add the Szechuan pepper mixture.
10) Blend all the flavor properly by stir-frying for 2-3 minutes.
11) In a warmed serving dish, serve the preparation immediately.