Chinese Tea Eggs
|Hard boiled eggs||12 Large|
|Cold water||1 Quart (4 Cups)|
|Black tea||3 Tablespoon (6 Tea Bags)|
|Anise seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fennel sprig||2 (For Garnish)|
1) Shell eggs and keep the whites unbroken. Keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, bring cold water to boil.
3) Take off from heat and add tea.
4) Stir and keep covered for 10 minutes.
5) Strain the leaves and keep the brewed tea in the saucepan.
6) Add anise seed, soy sauce, salt and hard-boiled eggs to it.
7) Put in over flame and simmer for one hour.
8) Take off from heat and let cool in room temperature before removing the eggs.
9) Chill the eggs along with the liquid. If kept in refrigerator the eggs can be stored for a long period of time.
10) Before serving, drain eggs from liquid and pat dry.
11) Halve the eggs and garnish with sprig of fennel.