Vegetable Chow Mein
|Fine egg noodles||8 Ounce (1 Packet, 250 Gram)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and cut into matchstick strips|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, deseeded and diced|
|Celery sticks||3 , diagonally sliced|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and thinly sliced (1 Can, 250 Gram)|
|Chinese leaves||6 Ounce, shredded (175 Gram)|
|Fresh spinach leaves||6 Ounce, shredded (175 Gram)|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock/Water||4 Tablespoon, cold|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Sherry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a jug, prepare the chow mein sauce, by blending corn flour first with 2 tablespoons of the stock or water. Pour in the remaining stock or water and add remaining sauce ingredients. Combine thoroughly by stirring.
2) In a saucepan, boil salted water and cook the noodles following the package direction.
3) While the noodles are cooking, heat up a wok on medium heat.
4) Add sesame oil to heat until hot but not smoking.
5) Place carrots, pepper, celery and water chestnuts into the oil. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
6) Add Chinese leaves and spinach. Continue stir-frying fry for another minute.
7) Stir in the sauce with the vegetables.
8) Increase heat to bring a boil. Stir continuously to thicken the sauce with a glossy look.
9) Remove the wok from heat.
10) Add the noodles after draining the hot water.
11) Place back the wok over high heat and thoroughly toss all together to combine.
12) Serve hot by seasoning with salt and pepper according to individual taste.