Chinese Duck Salad
|Dried vermicelli||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Duck breast||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Hoisin sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||3 , sliced|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, grated|
|Chinese leaf head||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Broccoli florets||4 Ounce, cooked (125 Gram)|
|Baby sweetcorn||4 Ounce, cooked and halved (125 Gram)|
1) In a large pan, bring at least 3 pints of water to a boil and add in a dash of oil in addition to a generous pinch of salt.
2) Add the pasta, take the pan off the heat, cover it and allow to stand for 6 minutes.
3) In the meantime, brush the duck breast liberally with the hoisin sauce.
4) Grill the duck under high heat for about 20 minutes, turning once.
5) Drain the pasta and wash it under cold running water, and drain once again.
6) Put the pasta in a salad bowl, add some oil and toss, spearating any strands which are sticky.
7) Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
8) Remove the duck from the grill and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Thinly slice. Add to the salad and toss lightly.
9) Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1964 Calories from Fat 576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.3%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.3 mg59.1%
Sodium 1755.5 mg73.1%
Total Carbohydrates 257 g85.6%
Dietary Fiber 22.4 g89.6%
Sugars 48.4 g
Protein 90 g179.4%
Vitamin A 661.7% Vitamin C 353%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 112.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet