Chinese Duck Salad
|Dried vermicelli||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Duck breast||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Hoisin sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||3 , sliced|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, grated|
|Chinese leaf head||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Broccoli florets||4 Ounce, cooked (125 Gram)|
|Baby sweetcorn||4 Ounce, cooked and halved (125 Gram)|
1) In a large pan, bring at least 3 pints of water to a boil and add in a dash of oil in addition to a generous pinch of salt.
2) Add the pasta, take the pan off the heat, cover it and allow to stand for 6 minutes.
3) In the meantime, brush the duck breast liberally with the hoisin sauce.
4) Grill the duck under high heat for about 20 minutes, turning once.
5) Drain the pasta and wash it under cold running water, and drain once again.
6) Put the pasta in a salad bowl, add some oil and toss, spearating any strands which are sticky.
7) Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
8) Remove the duck from the grill and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Thinly slice. Add to the salad and toss lightly.
9) Serve immediately.