|Squabs||6 Pound (6 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch, fresh, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Fresh ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon, finely minced|
|Finely minced orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, rinse, dry and place the squabs. Trim off the wing tips and necks, then remove any excess fat from the neck cavity.
2) In a food processor, process the garlic and ginger until just smooth and stir into a mixture of soy sauce, honey, peanut oil, orange juice and zest.
3) Pour over the squabs, coat well and allow to marinate at room temperature for 4 hours or in the refrigerator overnight, turning 3- 4 times.
4) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5) In a large roasting pan, place the squabs and pour over the marinade.
6) Bake the squabs in the preheated oven for 1 hour, until thoroughly cooked and golden brown, basting every 15 minutes.
7) On a serving platter, remove and place the squabs.
8) In a small heavy saucepan, pour the cooking juices and boil the sauce over high heat for about 5 minutes, until it slightly thickens.
9) Pour some of the sauce over the squabs and serve immediately with rest of the sauce in a sauce- boat.