Chinese Crispy Duck
|Duck||5 Pound (2.2 Kilogram)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ginger root slices||2|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy and herb sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1) Take a muslin bag, put in garlic, ginger and Bouquet Garni.
2) In a pan, mix the rest of ingredients and let it come to a boil.
3) Put the muslin bag into the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Take away the muslin bag and sauce is ready for use.
5) Using a knife, cut the duck into pieces.
6) In a pan, boil water. Add the duck and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove and wipe dry.
7) In a different pan, boil soy and herb sauce and cook duck pieces in this for 45 minutes. Remove and dry well. The duck will appear well browned.
6) In a frying pan, heat cooking oil.
7) Using a frying basket, gently lower duckling pieces into the hot oil and cook until skin is crispy.
9) Take away from hot oil and drain well.
10) Add cornflour to the sauce and thicken.
11) Serve the duck hot along with sauce.