Chop Chop Suey
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Canned chop suey vegetables||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely diced cooked beef/Veal/lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. In a large frying pan melt butter or margarine and saute onion over low heat for about 10 minutes such that onion is tender.
2. Drain chop-suey vegetables, measure 3/4 cup liquid and add to sauteed onion.
3. Stir in chop-suey vegetables, celery, salt and pepper and bring to boil
4. Lowering the heat simmer for 5 minutes and add meat.
5. In a cup combine cornstarch and sugar and blend in water and soy sauce to make a smooth paste.
6. Stir into meat mixture, heat with constant stirring such that the mixture thickens and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. In a serving dish pile hot cooked rice in a ring around the edge of and spoon hot chop suey in center.
8. Garnish with pimiento strips if desired.