Chinese Apricot Glaze
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a 2 cup liquid measure, mix apricot and water.
2. Cook at 450° F for 3-4 minutes until the mixture boils.
3. Reset oven to 250° F and cook for 3-5 minutes until apricots swell and become soft.
4. Let it sit for few minutes.
5. Drain the apricots.
6. In a blender, blend apricots with the rest of the ingredients at low speed until smooth.
7. Use for basting chicken or Cornish hens.