Chinese Chicken Salad Szechwan Style
|Whole chicken breasts||2 Pound (Two 1 Pound Each Pieces)|
|Leeks/Scallions||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Green Part Only)|
|Ginger slice||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped (White Part And A Little Of The Green)|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, peeled, minced|
|Fresh jalapeno||1 , seeded, veins removed, and finely chopped|
|Szechwan peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chili oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Shantung/Napa cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded|
1. Fill a 2-quart saucepan with 3 to 4 cups water.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the chicken breasts, leeks, and ginger.
4. Cover the pan tightly and cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and let the chicken cool in the liquid for 45 minutes.
6. Place the chicken breasts in a strainer for 2 minutes.
7. Remove the bones and skins, and discard them,
8. Keep the chicken breasts in freeze wrapped in plastic until get properly chilled until well chilled.
9. Shred the meat into coarse pieces.
10. Refrigerate again until ready to assemble.
11. In a small saucepan, mix the peanut oil, scallions, ginger, jalapeno, and ground peppercorns. Set aside.
12. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, orange juice, honey, garlic, and chili oil. Set aside.
13. Bring the peanut oil mixture to a boil and cook for 1 minute over medium heat. Add the soy sauce mixture and heat together, but do not continue boiling.
14. Combine the cabbage and chicken.
15. Pour on the sauce, toss gently, and serve on individual plates.