Chinese Chicken With Rice
|Boneless chicken breasts||1 3⁄4 Pound, pounded (Chicken Cutlets, 3 Pieces)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Stalk celery||1 Small|
|Sweet red pepper/One can or jar (4 ounces) pimientos||1 Small|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Precooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From A 14 Ounce Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Skin chicken breasts and cut meat into thin slices.
2) Slice mushrooms after trimming.
3) Drain bamboo shoots and cut, if required.
4) Slice green onions and celery into thin pieces after trimming them.
5) Cut red pepper into half, remove seed, and then cut into cubes. (If pimientos are used, drain and slice into strips.)
6) In a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil and sauté chicken quickly in it for 3 minutes, until chicken becomes white in color.
7) Mix in mushrooms, bamboo shoots, green onions, celery, and red pepper and pan-fry them for 2 minutes.
8) Pour in sherry and soy sauce and cook, covered for 2 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
9) In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with chicken broth until smooth.
10) Blend this with chicken mixture and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
11) In the meantime, cook rice with boiling water and salt, as per label directions.
12) Take a large serving platter; pour rice around its edge and then top with chicken mixture.
13) Pass over more soy sauce at the table and serve hot at once, garnished with a half mushroom, if desired.