Chinese Barbecued Spareribs
|Light soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. With the point of a sharp knife, make 2 or 3 slashes on both sides of ribs without separating them.
2. In a large flat glass or ceramic dish, combine marinade ingredients and whisk until sugar dissolves.
3. Add ribs to the marinade, turning to coat both sides.
4. Cover dish let ribs marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or refrigerate if keeping for longer.
5. Drain the ribs, reserving marinade for basting.
6. Heat a coal or electric grill
7. Arrange the chops on grill rack and cook for about 20 minutes per side basting frequently with reserved marinade, until the meat is tender and lightly charred and caramelized with the glaze.
8. Separate ribs and serve immediately accompanied by a salad.