Chinese Style Pepper Steaks
|Instant beef broth/1 teaspoon granulated beef bouillon||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded, and sliced|
|Thinly sliced celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a medium size cup, add beef broth to boiling water. Stir well.
2. In a large bowl, pour the dissolved beef broth to the minced or ground beef. Mix well to form a thick mixture. Knead and make into 1 inch patties, around 6 patties can be made.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the patties. Once browned remove with a slotting spoon and place in a shallow pan.
4. In the same frying pan, stir green pepper; celery, and green onions and saute until soft. Stir in tomatoes. Now add the beef patties into the pan and cover. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Once patties are fully coated, using a slotted spoon place them onto a heated serving platter.
6. Return the sauce mixture to the flame. In a small bowl, add cornstarch to soy sauce and water.Mix well. Add this mixture to the to the pan and allow to cook for a few minutes until sauce thickens. Stir constantly. Pour over the beef patties.
7. Serve with rice on the side