Chinese Steak In Plum Sauce
|Flank steak||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Plum jam||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Hoisin sauce||5 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Trim off any visible fat from steak. Cut the steak in quarters and then slice across the grain in thin diagonal strips.
2) In a medium bowl combine all marinade ingredients.
3) Place the steak strips to marinade, tossing to coat all pieces thoroughly.
4) Cover with a foil and place inside refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5) Use skewers to thread the marinated strips.
6) Place inside broiler to broil about 2 minutes on each side.
7) Brush with more marinade if needed.
8) Serve the strips with salad.
If you prefer, stir-fry rather than broil.