|Leeks||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Small onion||1 , chopped|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Potatoes||2 , quartered and thinly sliced (Pared)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, thinly sliced (Pared)|
|White rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Asparagus||8 , cut into 1/2 inch cubes (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, washed and chopped|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a 3-quart kettle melt butter add leeks and onion and cook over low heat, covered for about 5 minutes.
2. Add hot water, potato, carrot and salt and bring to boiling.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
4. Add rice and asparagus and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
5. Add spinach and simmer 10 minutes longer.
6. Stir in cream and bring just to boiling.
7. Serve the soup with garnish as desired.
To get enhanced flavor refrigerate soup covered, overnight and reheat at serving time.