Chinese Broccoli Scallop
|Fresh broccoli||2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned water chestnuts||6 , sliced|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttered soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
2) Using a knife, cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces.
3) In a saucepan, boil salted water. Add the broccoli and cook for about 10 minutes or until it wilts.
4) Meanwhile in a small saucepan, melt butter or margarine and remove from heat;
5) Add in flour, salt, mustard and pepper and blend well. Then slowly add in milk and stir.
6) Return to heat stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boils. This will take about 1 minute.
7) Butter a shallow baking dish. Line it with broccoli, water chestnuts and sauce, and sprinkle with cheese and crumbs.
8) Bake for 20 minutes.
9) Serve hot