Creamy Mandarin Salad
|Orange gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mandarin orange segments||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. In a large bowl, add gelatin to hot water and stir until completely dissolved.
2. Stir in the cold water.
3. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until the liquid thickens and is semi set.
4. Add the sour cream and coconut to the jelly liquid and whisk with a wire whisk to blend well.
5. On a fruit board with a paring knife or in a food processor, coarsely chop the nuts and slice and bananas.
6. Gently fold nuts, bananas and orange segments into the jelly mixture.
7. Pour mixture into one large 1 quart casserole or into 5 individual jelly moulds.
8. Place the molds in the chiller until the jelly has set.
9. To unmold, dip the mold in a bath of luke warm water and invert onto bed of lettuce leaves on salad plate.
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.4%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.9 mg6.6%
Sodium 64.6 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet