Chinese Pork Patties With Chilli Dip
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1 , roughly chopped|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon (Juice Of 2 Limes)|
|Chinese five spice powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork mince||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Green chili||1 , finely chopped|
|Coriander leaves||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chilies||2 , finely chopped|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice 1 Lime)|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Spring onions||4 , shredded|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas.
2. To a food processor add the chicken, lime juice, five-spice powder and soy sauce and pulse until well blended.
3. Add the pork mince, chilli and coriander and pulse again.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper as per taste.
5. Shape the mixture into golf ball-size rounds and flatten slightly.
6. Take an ovenproof frying pan, and heat vegetable oil.
7. Arrange the patties in the oven after frying them for 1 minute on each side such that browned and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
8. Keep warm.
9. For making the sauce, in a pan add the chillies, sugar, vinegar and 50ml water and let it boil slowly, letting the sugar to dissolve.
10. Let it cook for about 5 minutes or such that just thickened. Let it cool slightly.
11. Make the salad by whisking together the lime juice, sesame oil and soy sauce and tossing with the spring onions, cucumber and coriander.
12. On each plate heap some salad, arrange the patties on top and drizzle with the chilli sauce.