Mushroom Chow Mein
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced lengthwise|
|Pork/Shrimp / chicken||1 Pound, cut in fine strips|
|Bamboo shoots||1 Can (10 oz), drained and cut in fine strips|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Canned Or Fresh)|
|Celery||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sliced thin crosswise|
|Fresh bean sprouts||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine 3 tbsp. cornstarch, 6 tbsp. soy sauce, dash of ginger and 3/4 c. beef bouillon to prepare sauce.
2) In a pan, heat up 1 tbsp. oil to sauté onions until golden.
3) Remove from the skillet.
4) In the same pan, add 1 tbsp. oil to sauté meat until properly done.
5) Use another pan, to sauté bamboo shoots and mushrooms in 1 tbsp. oil.
6) Remove the ingredients and lightly sauté celery in small amount of oil.
7) Combine all the ingredients and add 3 c. fresh bean sprouts.
8) Pour the sauce over meat mixture. Carefully stir not to mix up the bean sprouts.
9) Remove from heat, when the sauce starts to bubble.
10) Serve the sauce with fried noodles, boiled noodles or rice.
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg24.9%
Sodium 125.8 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 30 g60.3%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 29.1%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet